“But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” 1 John 3:17-18 (ESV)
Neighborhood Outreach Weekly Check-in
Join us for a weekly call on Monday from 8-9pm to share ministry updates, discuss topics to better equip us for the work of service, and pray. Contact Nam Hee (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join the calls.
- 4/6/20 Topic for Discussion:
Loving Health Care Workers and Others in Our Immediate Communities
Hygiene Pack Drive for L Street Mission
Join the Citylife community as we try to embody the good news of Easter by supporting the ministry of our friends at L Street Mission.
L Street Mission is a volunteer-run ministry for the homeless in Brockton. Their volunteers are standing in the gap left by the diminishing resources of shelters and other service providers. In purchasing, assembling, (disinfecting,) and delivering hygiene packs to L Street, we hope to lighten a bit of their load.
How to participate:
- Purchase and assemble hygiene packs on your own, or join the virtual packaging party on Sat. 4/11/20 @7-9pm. Contact Daniel for more details on the packaging party.
- The children and youth ministries will host their own virtual packaging party on Sat. 4/18/20 @ 10am. Contact Tim for more information.
- Take a selfie with your hygiene packs and email to Nam Hee.
- Nam Hee will reply with instructions on dropping off your hygiene packs or having them picked up from you.
What you will need:
Each hygiene pack contains the following:
- 1 roll of toilet paper
- 1 pair of new socks
- 1 travel-sized pack of wet wipes
- 1 razor
- 1 bar of soap.
We have put together online shopping lists for your convenience, but they are not prescriptive. Contact Nam Hee with any questions, or ask your questions at our weekly check-in on Mondays. As always, find more service opportunities with the Neighborhood Outreach ministry on its website.
How can Citylife help you love our neighbors?
The Neighborhood Outreach mission is to:
- Execute on Citylife’s commitment to inculcating Gospel love for the needy and suffering, as an essential attribute of an authentic Christian faith
- Raise awareness and provide education around issues like homelessness, the foster care system, educational justice, and the exploitation of women, to move hearts and inspire action
- Establish and maintain service partnerships with vetted service providers; offer service opportunities and coordinate (and recruit) volunteers
- Connect like-minded congregants for mutual support and more effective outcomes; help create and support lay person-led ministries and partnerships
For more information on areas of ministry, service partners, volunteer opportunities, and upcoming trainings and events, please visit our Neighborhood Outreach Google site.