April 11, 2021
- New to Citylife? Fill out a Connect Card
- Sunday Morning Prayer Meetings
- Volunteer Opportunities — Camera / Media and Sound Operations
- Regathering Survey
- Weekly Newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE to obtain Zoom information for all events.
- Church Administrator Position. Citylife is hiring for a full-time Church Administrator to support the operations of our church and staff. We are looking for individuals with strong organizational and administrative skills and a passion to do this important work for our church. If you’re interested in learning more about this role, please contact Jess Sharbaugh.
- Volunteer Opportunities — Camera / Media and Sound Operations. We are recruiting multiple volunteers for camera / media ops and sound ops as part of our regathering plan. If God has given you talent or a desire to learn, please contact Sam.
- Church-Wide Email List. To be included on the list, email email@example.com or text “citylifebos” to 66866.
- Citylife Prayer Team. The Citylife Prayer Meeting is meeting online weekly by way of Zoom conferencing. We pray together from 9:00am to 9:50am on Sundays.
- Citylife Diaconate. The Deacons of Citylife have been continuing to update an internal compendium of COVID-19/Quarantine support available from the Federal CARES Act as well as from Massachusetts and local resources for Citylife. This resource document will be updated periodically.
- Give Online Using Faithstreet. Go to citylifeboston.org/give OR Text-to-give with easy, one-time set up: Text amount to 646-832-4848 with quickcode “citylifebos”.
- Care Committee Fund. This is a fund to provide emergency financial assistance to people inside our church. If you or someone you know is in critical need, please email the Care Committee. To donate, go to HERE and select “Care Committee Fund.”
- Financial Update (As of December 27, 2020)
YTD Budget (Ending December 27, 2020): $770,000
YTD Actual (As of December 27, 2020): $670,561 or 87.1% of budget
Current Surplus (Deficit) YTD Budget: ($99,440) or -12.9%
Last Year Actual (Ending December 29, 2019): $843,895
- Give via Stock Investments Through Fidelity. Please contact Arnold Lee for instructions.
- L Street Mission. Join the Citylife team preparing food for the unhoused community in Brockton every second and fourth Saturday of each month. If you are able to transport, consider assembling hygiene packs with your family or CG, or donating cold-weather adult clothing. Drivers also needed! If you would like to participate, please contact Nam Hee.
- Somerville Homeless Coalition. SHC has reached out for more help as it experiences declining donations of food. Please consider joining the team that is supporting the residents of this 16-bed transitional home. Fast food is welcome, delivery option is available. Contact Nam Hee for more information.
- Support Boston Public Schools (BPS). 76% of BPS students are Black or Hispanic. 70% are economically disadvantaged. Volunteer to provide online classroom assistance or tutoring to students at the Hennigan School (K-8) and CASH (high school). For more information, see the Boston Education Collaborative’s website.
- Boston Area Mask Initiative (BAMI). Do you sew? BAMI is a volunteer-led efort to provide handsewn masks for those on the frontlines of COVID-19. They need donations of funds, supplies and sewing skills. Contact Nam Hee for details.
- Neighborhood Outreach Fund. To contribute financially to Neighborhood Outreach, choose the “Neighborhood Outreach Fund” from the dropdown menu on FaithStreet.com for Boston and Chestnut Hill. Please note in the Memo if there is a specific ministry to which you’d like to give.
- Connect to Neighborhood Outreach. Stay updated on the ministry by signing up to receive email newsletters (contact Nam Hee Kim) or visit the ministry Google Site and Facebook page.
- Citylife Kids LIVE! Sundays @ 9:30am. Large group sessions & break out rooms for elementary aged children. Zoom links will be sent during the week. For questions or to volunteer with break-out rooms, contact Hanna.
- Volunteer for Children and Youth Ministries. If you’re interested in serving in our children or youth ministries, please contact Hanna (Children) or Kevin (Youth). Our Children’s Ministry has needs during Sunday morning large group, and our Youth Ministry has needs with leading small groups and mentoring youth students.
- Sunday School Materials. To receive materials/resources for your children (Toddlers – 5th grade), please contact Hanna.
- Youth Ministry. For programming updates at either the Boston or Chestnut Hill congregation, please contact Kevin.
- Women’s Ministry Director Job Application. The Women’s Ministry Director Search Committee has now posted the a job description, and we are prayerfully encouraging applications both from within the church and beyond. HERE is the link to the PDF; please share, review, and/or apply if you feel called.
- Care & Community During COVID-19. Join the Citylife Women Facebook group to find opportunities to connect with other women at Citylife. To receive email updates, please contact Flora for the Boston congregation and Katy for the Chestnut Hill congregation.
- University City Night Fellowship. If you’re a university student, join us at our monthly University City Night Fellowship. Because Citylife is one church made up of students from many college campuses, we gather one Thursday a month for large group to develop meaningful relationships with students across colleges in our city. Please join our Facebook group HERE for Zoom login info.
- Campus Community Groups. If you’re a student in Boston looking for a CG on your campus, contact Daniel.
- Redeemer Devotional – www.redeemer.com/r/public_discipleship_devotional
- The Park Forum – theparkforum.org
- The Bible Project – thebibleproject.com
- The Book of Common Prayer – https://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/book_of_common_prayer.pdf
Available on Amazon.com
- Seeking God’s Face
- The Book of Common Prayer
- The Mockingbird Devotional
- New Morning Mercies, Paul Tripp
- The Songs of Jesus, Keller
- God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life, Keller