January 24, 2021
- New to Citylife? Fill out a Connect Card
- Volunteer for Children and Youth Ministries
- Church Administrator Position
- Congregational Meeting — TODAY
- Weekly Newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE to obtain Zoom information for all events.
- Church Administrator Position. We are hiring for a full-time Church Administrator to support the operations of our church and staff. We are looking for individuals with strong organizational and administrative skills and a passion to do this important work for our church. If you’re interested in learning more about this role, please contact Jess Sharbaugh.
- Women’s Ministry 9-Session Book Club. (Seasons of Waiting: Walking by Faith when Dreams are Delayed) We’re all waiting for something and it’s easy to feel discontent when things aren’t going as planned. God uses seasons of waiting to teach us patience and make us more like himself when we wait faithfully with unmet longings. Come join other women to walk in faith through worship, small group discussion, and prayer. Saturday mornings at 10am. More info & register HERE by Monday, 1/18.
- Congregational Meeting, Sunday, 1/24. Please join us for our next congregational meeting following the service. One of our agenda items will be to vote Bruce Cooke to become an Associate Pastor, which will make him a member of our Session. Zoom info can be found in our weekly newsletter.
- Volunteer for Children and Youth Ministries. If you’re interested in serving in our children or youth ministries, please contact Tim. Our Children’s Ministry has needs during Sunday morning large group, and our Youth Ministry has needs with leading small groups and mentoring youth students.
- Church-Wide Email List. To be included on the list, email email@example.com or text “citylifebos” to 66866.
- Citylife Prayer Team. The Citylife Prayer Meeting is meeting online weekly by way of Zoom conferencing. We pray together from 9:00am to 9:50am on Sundays.
- Citylife Diaconate. The Deacons of Citylife have been continuing to update an internal compendium of COVID-19/Quarantine support available from the Federal CARES Act as well as from Massachusetts and local resources for Citylife. This resource document will be updated periodically.
- Give Online Using Faithstreet. Go to citylifeboston.org/give OR Text-to-give with easy, one-time set up: Text amount to 646-832-4848 with quickcode “citylifebos”.
- Care Committee Fund. This is a fund to provide emergency financial assistance to people inside our church. If you or someone you know is in critical need, please email the Care Committee. To donate, go to HERE and select “Care Committee Fund.”
- Financial Update (As of December 27, 2020)
YTD Budget (Ending December 27, 2020): $770,000
YTD Actual (As of December 27, 2020): $670,561 or 87.1% of budget
Current Surplus (Deficit) YTD Budget: ($99,440) or -12.9%
Last Year Actual (Ending December 29, 2019): $843,895
- Give via Stock Investments Through Fidelity. Please contact Arnold Lee for instructions.
- Watch Party for “Asian Americans.” Mondays @ 7:30pm. Join Neighborhood Outreach to watch this 5-part documentary series on the history of Asian Americans. Following up on “Many Rivers to Cross” about African American history, we will continue to learn about real-life implications of marginalizing those we categorize as the “other,” and consider how we might respond to this temptation as Jesus followers. Email Nam Hee Kim for Zoom link.
- L Street Mission. Join the Citylife team preparing food for the unhoused community in Brockton every second and fourth Saturday of each month. If you are able to transport, consider assembling hygiene packs with your family or CG, or donating cold-weather adult clothing. Drivers also needed! If you would like to participate, please contact Nam Hee Kim.
- Somerville Homeless Coalition. SHC has reached out for more help as it experiences declining donations of food. Please consider joining the team that is supporting the residents of this 16-bed transitional home. Fast food is welcome, delivery option is available. Contact Nam Hee Kim for more information.
- Support Boston Public Schools (BPS). 76% of BPS students are Black or Hispanic. 70% are economically disadvantaged. Volunteer to provide online classroom assistance or tutoring to students at the Hennigan School (K-8) and CASH (high school). To attend an info session by our partner, the Boston Education Collaborative, find Zoom links HERE. For more information, see Info Sheet.
- Boston Area Mask Initiative (BAMI). Do you sew? BAMI is a volunteer-led efort to provide handsewn masks for those on the frontlines of COVID-19. They need donations of funds, supplies and sewing skills. Contact Nam Hee Kim for details.
- Neighborhood Outreach Fund. To contribute financially to Neighborhood Outreach, choose the “Neighborhood Outreach Fund” from the dropdown menu on FaithStreet.com for Boston and Chestnut Hill. Please note in the Memo if there is a specific ministry to which you’d like to give.
- Connect to Neighborhood Outreach. Stay updated on the ministry by signing up to receive email newsletters (contact Nam Hee Kim) or visit the ministry Google Site and Facebook page.
- Citylife Kids LIVE! Sundays @ 9:30am. Large Group sessions & break out rooms for Elementaryaged children. Zoom links will be sent during the week. For questions or to volunteer with break-out rooms, contact Tim (Boston) or Hanna (Chestnut Hill).
- Sunday School Materials. To receive materials/resources for your children (Toddlers – 5th grade), please contact Tim.
- Youth Ministry. For programming updates at the Boston congregation, please contact Tim. For programming updates at the Chestnut Hill congregation, please contact Kevin.
- Women’s Ministry Director Job Application. The Women’s Ministry Director Search Committee has now posted the a job description, and we are prayerfully encouraging applications both from within the church and beyond. HERE is the link to the PDF; please share, review, and/or apply if you feel called.
- Care & Community During COVID-19. Join the Citylife Women Facebook group to find opportunities to connect with other women at Citylife. To receive email updates, please contact Flora for the Boston congregation and Katy for the Chestnut Hill congregation.
- University City Night Fellowship. If you’re a university student, join us at our monthly University City Night Fellowship. Because Citylife is one church made up of students from many college campuses, we gather one Thursday a month for large group to develop meaningful relationships with students across colleges in our city. Please join our Facebook group HERE for Zoom login info.
- Campus Community Groups. If you’re a student in Boston looking for a CG on your campus, contact Daniel.
- Redeemer Devotional – www.redeemer.com/r/public_discipleship_devotional
- The Park Forum – theparkforum.org
- The Bible Project – thebibleproject.com
- The Book of Common Prayer – https://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/book_of_common_prayer.pdf
Available on Amazon.com
- Seeking God’s Face
- The Book of Common Prayer
- The Mockingbird Devotional
- New Morning Mercies, Paul Tripp
- The Songs of Jesus, Keller
- God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life, Keller