On Sunday, February 10th, Citylife hosted 2 women from Bags of Hope Ministries who shared their stories of deliverance from addiction and from being a victim of human trafficking in the sex trade here in Boston. These women, Anita and Chelsea, spoke with great courage and power about their new life in Christ, and how Jesus’ gift of grace has compelled them to love and serve others in our city who are suffering in the same way as they have suffered.
In response to these faithful women’s stories, Citylife has committed to collect items to fill the Bags of Hope that their ministry will distribute to local women affected by trafficking, prostitution, addiction and homelessness. By doing this we will let our neighbors in need know there is a better way for their life, they are treasured and loved by Jesus. Our prayer is that multitudes of women will be rescued from all that enslaves them and that, like Anita and Chelsea, they may experience new life in Jesus.
The following is a list of current needs for the Bags of Hope:
- Women’s Socks
- Women’s Deodorant
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- 12 oz Conditioner & 12 oz Shampoo
- Small Bag of Trail Mix
- Nail Polish
- Small Package of Baby Wipes
- Hair Brush &/or Elastics
- Winter Hat, Gloves, Scarf
- Bar of Soap
- $5 Dunkin Donut Gift Cards
- Notes of Encouragement and Prayers
*All items must be NEW & FULL SIZED*
The Bags of Hope Donation Drive will be organized through Citylife’s Community Groups. Each CG will determine a date in the coming weeks when items will be gathered, notes of encouragement will be composed and prayers will be offered for the specific women who will be receiving the Bags of Hope. There a number of ways that a CG can help this wonderful organization:
- Bags of Hope needs assistance rebuilding their overall inventory. Visit the following link for ideas.
- Coordinate with other members of your CG to purchase items for a specific number of bags. Each CG Leader will receive a document that can help with this group organization.
- If you are not a part of a CG, or would like to participate on your own, you may Purchase necessities and bring them with you to church on Feb 24th / March 3 for collection. A table will be set up in the foyer of the 6th floor of the Revere where items will be collected by Citylife’s Mercy Team.
- Donate money online via FaithStreet and the Mercy Team will coordinate purchases on behalf of the church. Please specify the purpose of your donation for proper designation of your gift.
- Pray for the Bags of Hope Ministry and for the women whom it serves.
To receive further details for how you can help in this endeavor, please speak with your CG leader or connect with Isaac Bruning, Director of Community Groups & Mercy at email@example.com.